Business process analysis is the first and the most important phase of any standard project of ERP solution implementation. The result of this phase, or this project, in case you analysis is running independently, is the functional requirements document (FRD). FRD gives an accurate picture of the current situation (20-30%) and, more importantly, defines in detail the new solution proposal (70-80%), method and dynamics of the realization the following phases of the project.
The goal of the project
The project objective is to collect and document the functional needs of the customer on the agreed business areas for the ERP system introduction.
In a case of analysis realized as separate project, you can get fully comparable offers from several different suppliers, because all offers will be based on a single source (FRD). Selection of contractors for the analysis is not necessarily connected with the selection of contractors for the following, implementation project.
Possibilties offered by NPS are:
results of the analysis of business processes for the introduction of ERP will be used for the implementation of any ERP solutions;
results of the analysis will be to a great extent (~ 80%) usable for the implementation of any ERP system; the remaining 20% relates to the specifics of Microsoft Dynamics NAV;
results of the analysis will be used primarily for the implementation of ERP system Microsoft Dynamics NAV and contain all the specifics of the system. Note: in this case the analysis is based on the functionality of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and not based in existing programs.
We recommend that the client choose the option 1) if he is convinced that the ERP system Microsoft Dynamics NAV system is not adequate to the specifics of his business. The option 2) we recommend if the client wishes to take into consideration the other providers of ERP solutions offers also. The option 3) we recommend in case the client has decided to implement Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
The results of the project:
The result of analysis is Functional Requirements Document (FRD), with the GAP / FIT analysis included. FRD is composed of the following segments:
- project scope defining,
- business processes analysis,
- business processes improvements proposal,
- GAP Analysis: GAP analysis defines the difference (GAP) and compliance (FIT) between the standard Microsoft Dynamics NAV system and the customer's needs, thereby reducing the risk of the system to be installed without a basic understanding of the development and implementation dilemmas.
Improvement proposals do not affect the structure / organization of enterprise, because the determination of the employees competences in the field of client’s administration and it is not part of this project. This can be performed as a separate project of business processes improvement.